Speak, Lord, your servant is listening.” The Bible is filled with admonitions about the importance of listening: Listen to my words…I told you, but you would not listen…Be silent, Israel, and listen…

Listening is best done in quiet. Again from the Bible: Teach me, and I will be quiet…In quietness and trust is your strength…It is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord… Come with me (Jesus) by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest.

Rebecca St. James writes these words in a meaningful praise hymn:

I’ll stand in awe of you, Jesus… You are God in Heaven And here I am on earth So I’ll let my words be few Because I’m so in love with you

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is what the Lord Almighty says

they rejoiced exceedingly with great joy

JOY COMES IN THE MORNING