My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?

My God, my God, why have you forsaken me? Why are you so far from saving me, so far from my cries of anguish? My God, I cry out by day, but you do not answer, by night, but I find no rest.
 
– Psalm 22:1-2 niv

It was fitting for Jesus to cry this Psalm out from the cross, for at the moment of his death, he experienced distance from His heavenly Father. Why? Because Jesus was taking on our sin. Our rebellion to a holy God demanded justice, so God Himself came to the earth to take our punishment. But when Jesus rose from the dead, He opened the path to God the Father. Because of the work of Christ at the cross, we no longer are separated from God. He was forsaken so we could be accepted.
[[posterous-content:pid___0]]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is what the Lord Almighty says

they rejoiced exceedingly with great joy

JOY COMES IN THE MORNING