“The Lord is my light and my salvation

“The Lord is my light and my salvation. I will fear no one.” (Psalm 27:1 GNT)

I love the way my wife Kay watches horror movies. If something like Alien comes on television, she turns on every light in the room and sometimes pulls up the comforter to cover her eyes. Would she watch a horror movie in the total dark? Absolutely not. Many of you won’t, either, because light helps you see things more clearly.

David says in Psalm 27:1, “The Lord is my light and my salvation. I will fear no one” (GNT). God is described in two ways: as light and as salvation.

Yet many Christians live their lives in fear of rejection, completely ignoring the fact that if God is our salvation, then we have nothing to fear — not even losing the approval of those around us.
Living for the approval of others is a miserable way to live. It will cripple your life.

But God is your light and salvation!

421371_331542290230612_205015432883299_921215_545002291_n

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is what the Lord Almighty says

they rejoiced exceedingly with great joy

JOY COMES IN THE MORNING