The Spirit of the Lord is in me...

The Spirit of the Lord is in me... Luke 4:18
In His first sermon, we learn what Jesus' ministry was all about... and how He wants us to follow in His footsteps. Jesus said, "The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to preach good news to the poor... proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind... release the oppressed... proclaim the favorable year of the Lord's favor" (Luke 4:18-19). Here at the beginning of proclaiming the Good News and praying for healing, Jesus recognized the anointing of God was on His life. What was the source of that anointing? "The Spirit of the Lord is upon me." You and I need to recognize when the Spirit is upon us-anointing us-to do His bidding. God's Spirit is in you, waiting to be released. "I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever-the Spirit of truth... he lives with you and will be in you" ( John 14:16-17). He left us a Counselor to guide us in this life. That is why Jesus said, "Anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these" ( John 14:12). Because we have been filled with the Holy Spirit, we can do anything in His name

Comments

pbus1 said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular posts from this blog

This is what the Lord Almighty says

they rejoiced exceedingly with great joy

JOY COMES IN THE MORNING